28 Dec 6 months internship as Executive Assistant
Community management, online marketing, communication, event organisation, business development and sales
Offer available from February / March 2021 for 6 months
About the European Champions Alliance
The European Champions Alliance is a non-for-profit association building an ecosystem of start-ups, scale-ups, SMEs, corporates and industry experts committed to European Tech and values. The Alliance leverages their European network by sharing market knowledge and activating joint business opportunities between the members to support the growth of European Champions.
The ECA is run by a European network of experienced professionals from different sectors (investors, consultants, business leaders, administration representatives), all committed to the development of European technology champions. ECA is a do tank focussing on go-to-business, pragmatic and operational issues. The ECA’s work is divided into different focus groups, which are constantly growing:
- Smart Industry / Industry 4.0
- Innovation & Governance & Legal
- Health Tech
- Green Tech
- Space Tech
- Event Tech
Joining the ECA as an executive assistant, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of a unique European project. Your daily interlocutors will be tech entrepreneurs as well as business leaders, managers within SMBs or large corporate players (CAC 40, Dax 30, …) as well as members of the public sector (European Commission, parliamentary deputies of European countries, other associations, …).
Our organisation has started its journey at the Franco-German-Dutch level but our ambition is to extend our activities to the Nordics and Southern Europe to become a true European organisation.
Please find more information on our website: www.european-champions.org and on our social media channels on Linkedin and Twitter.
About the internship
This internship will give you deep insights in all fields of a professional association (sales, management, business development, marketing, communication, event management and more). Within the European Champions Alliance you will be in charge of:
Management of the day-to-day activities of the Alliance
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the association in support of the management and the board
- Organize meetings with the core team (weekly), the executive (monthly) and steering committee (quarterly) as well as the supervisory board (quarterly)
Leadership of our community:
- Help us find and convince new members to join our community
- Manage member admissions and take care of the well being of our members in the community
- Organize, guide and monitor the activity of our members in different focus groups (e.g. cybersecurity, industry 4.0)in coordination
Communication and marketing on our activities:
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Management
- Content marketing (blog, press, …)
- Develop marketing tools (presentation, preparation of events) in order to present ECA’s offer
- Search and contact potential partners (corporates, scale-ups or administration, economic promotion)
- Present ECA’s offer and work with scale-ups to analyze a targeted market and develop an internationalization plan until it becomes operational
Event organization and management
- Create and run virtual and physical events with our partners (morning talks, conferences, webinars, physical events if possible, etc.)
- Manage and promote partner events and ECAs implication in those events
The profile we’re looking for:
- Our project is your passion: You have a strong European spirit and mindset and believe in the power of smart collaboration and the European project.
- You are as passionate as we are about new technologies and the tech / start-up / scale-up sector.
- You have a background in or are studying international or European relations, political science, or economics/business
- C2-level/mother-tongue in French or German is ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY, proficient in English/German/French
- You have advanced skills in marketing tools such as Powerpoint, WordPress and social networks, video-editing, InDesign, Canva, etc.
- You enjoy working in a group & animating networks. You are not afraid of cooperating with senior profiles who are experts in their field.
- You are very organized and are able to steer different projects to achieve their objectives.
- You are very autonomous, independent and self-driven as most of the internship will be in remote work with several interactions per day or per week with the members of the management and the board.
- You have good communication skills, both oral and written.
- You are very flexible, a great team player, able to work in a multicultural environment, adaptable to your interlocutors but never losing sight of your goals
- The internship will be mostly remote until we can work again in a physical setting, then the internship can be in Paris or Frankfurt.
- You have to be engaged in a university throughout the entire time of the internship
- You need to provide a “convention de stage” with your university
Collaborating for ECA will allow you to develop your network consistently with experienced people from a variety of sectors to co-construct the scale-up support ecosystem in Europe. You will not be in charge of making coffee but you will actively participate in our development, reasoning and giving your opinion with the strategic committee, all in a very European environment. Your missions will therefore be as much strategic (in relation with the management, think about our offer) as operational (present ECA, animate a network, present an internationalization plan to a scale-up).
We are looking forward to your application (cover letter and CV in French, German or English and a brief explanation of which focus group you would like to be involved with most) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you have any question.