24 Nov SMART INDUSTRY MADE IN EUROPE – MAPPING THE EUROPEAN SMART INDUSTRY SCALE-UP ECOSYSTEM V 1.0
You can download the mapping at the end of this page.
Publishing the 1st version of the ECA European Smart Industry Start-up and Scale-up Mapping
The mission of the EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS ALLIANCE is to contribute to the European tech ecosystem by supporting the growth of the European tech champions of tomorrow. New technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, IOT, Robotics have impacted traditional industries and challengers bring new business models into the market. “Smart industry” or “Industry 4.0” are already a key priority for international competitiveness and Europe has a lot of expertise to lead in the field!
In fact, “Smart Industry” or “Industry 4.0” Made in Europe is one of the key priorities of competitiveness. It is understood as a prerequisite to generate growth and to keep (or bring back) the industrial GDP-share back to healthy levels: 20% across EUROPE. The topic has developed extensively over the last years: every country is running initiatives to digitize all sectors of industry and the emergence of a broad and diverse start-up landscape.
Therefore, ECA has launched a specific Focus Groups for “SMART INDUSTRY” to gather the stakeholders of the ecosystem, to support networking, collaboration and joint business perspectives. A sectorial mapping of the most visible and important Start-ups and Scaleups in the ecosystem is the starting point for all of our Focus Groups.
Ingo Franz and Philippe Herbert; Founders of Vectorpilot, members of the Smart Industry focus group and main creators of this mapping
PRESENTING THE MAPPING
To be strong and relevant, an ecosystem needs transparency, the members need to be aware of each other and ideally share the goal of collaboration and mutual support. The aim of the ECA Focus Groups is therefore to gather those stakeholders and to support networking, collaboration and joint business perspectives.
A sectorial mapping of the most important members of the ecosystem is the starting point for all of our Focus Groups. We start with a restricted geographical focus, in this case, France + DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), and will enlarge our mapping over time with the help of the ecosystem.
Key objectives of the mapping
- Promote the European smart industry offering and promote the European tech ecosystem in general
- Connect the relevant stakeholders, invite them to get to know each other, learn from each other and collaborate
- Raise awareness with potential buyers in all types of corporations on the best possibility to identify and acquire European smart industry technology
CHOOSING THE RIGHT COMPANIES
General criteria for companies:
- All companies have their headquarter in Europe
- Not all companies have full European funding, one of the topics we’d like to tackle
Dynamic scale up’s that
- have already achieved a significant turnover of several million €
- consist of a significant team of more than 40 staff
- are either profitably growing or have raised significant venture funding to secure future growth plans
- should have the capacity to provide their technology at a European scale
We’ve also looked for start-up companies
- with significant potential which have been able to attract A-round VC funding
- which are positioned on most innovative and novel fields of Smart Industry for our “Watchlist”
These Start-ups can be the future European Champions driving innovation and disruption with new digital products and approaches such as artificial intelligence, for example.
DOWNLOAD THE MAPPING HERE
Click on this link to download the complete ECA European Smart Industry Mapping V1. Have a good read and don’t hesitate to give us feedback!
We are looking for:
- a European mapping software (not Google maps) to provide geographical maps for better visualization
- a database software with filter possibilities to provide access to the database our members
If you have ideas please write to us at email@example.com.
If you want to either modify your company’s information on this map or apply for your company to be included, you can fill out our Smart Industry survey here.
Another great way to get involved is to become an official ECA member! View all membership information and options on our website.
If you would like to express any other question or remark, you can get in contact with the European Champions Alliance by writing a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org